Sunday, September 25, 2005
Hurricane Rita
Is it just me or did the media do a bad job on covering Hurricane Rita? It seemed to me that I was not able to get any clear facts on Rita. I never knew where it was going to hit until it did, and then I did not know that we were going to receive bands on it until I heard the Tornado sirens going off. Now I know that it was a weekend, I was busy and did not keep posted on the news, but it still seemed like when I did watch the news they did not say anything that helped me. They did not report too much on the areas hit hardest, I was still hearing about whether it was a good idea to evacuate 2 million people, and how the New Orleans 9th ward still managed to get flooded.
That is pretty much all I know about Rita. Is it me or is the media?
That is pretty much all I know about Rita. Is it me or is the media?
Comments:
<< Home
I don't think it is really you or the media. I know the tornados caught me by surprise too. The weather is hard to stay on top of. I knew some things about Hurricane Rita before it hit but that was because my best friend is an Operational Meteorologist major and Hurricanes/storms were all he would talk about for a while. I did not see nearly as much information on the news as I did when Katrina was coming, but how quickly were they getting that information?
Post a Comment
<< Home
