Sunday, September 04, 2005

 

More stories about Mississippi

We're starting to see the beginning of a backlash against the media for covering mainly the New Orleans situation after Hurricane Katrina. I've seen two stories this morning indicating that media critics, political scientists and Mississippi residents are voicing their frustrations with the lack of coverage of victims in Mississippi. I would also like to add that I'm frustrated by the lack of coverage of other areas in Louisiana. Slidell has been ravaged, as well as some other smaller areas, yet we rarely hear about them.

Comments:
I did notice a story on Gulfport today on Fox News. I was also happy to see a phone number on CNN telling people to call the Red Cross to try to get information on family and friends. I'd like to see more reports like this, with other phone numbers to call, since I'm still waiting to hear from friends and family who could be trapped on the Mississippi Coast and in the New Orleans area. I know there are plenty of other people who have relatives and friends that they are trying to find too.
 
sammie . . . you can find some aerial photos of Dauphin Island linked off the Mobile Register site. Go go: al.com and you will find a way to look at the Mobile paper's photos. Dauphin Island is one of my favorite places, and the western end of the island has been decimated. I haven't heard if the SeaLab survived the storm. As you mentioned, little has been said about damage from there.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?