Thursday, October 13, 2005
Is the Media Helping?
It seems like the whole world is crashing in. We are having natural disasters after natural disasters, from Hurricanes in the east, to wild fires in the West, to flooding in the Northwest, to large amounts of snow falling in the Midwest, and that's just America. In other countries there are mudslides form Hurricanes, horribly devastating earthquakes, to terrorist attacks.
Is the media helping to keep people informed of the situations, or is the media scaring people? I have seen several ministers on television preaching that it is the "end times". I know that all these events have claimed the lives of many people and are horribly devastating to each region, but is the media helping the situations?
Is the media helping to keep people informed of the situations, or is the media scaring people? I have seen several ministers on television preaching that it is the "end times". I know that all these events have claimed the lives of many people and are horribly devastating to each region, but is the media helping the situations?
Comments:
<< Home
I definitly do not think the media is helping the situations. While they are being informative it's how the information comes across to the public. Having ministers on tv claiming it's the end of times, all that does is insert fear in people and make them react. I think part of the devestation of hurricane katrina, the looting and violence was a reflect of the media putting fear in people.
Post a Comment
<< Home
