Monday, November 14, 2005
McCain: Torture Ban Protects U.S. Image
McCain has been making a strong push for his anti-torture provision. The Senate approved the provision but now it must make it through the House. In the past, the White House has said it would veto any bill that restricted access to detainees.
Full text.
This seems like an important step in improving our image around the world. What do you guys think?
Full text.
This seems like an important step in improving our image around the world. What do you guys think?
Comments:
<< Home
I have to agree with Sammie, I think the image of the US is under ill thoughts from other countries. I think this will only hurt our remaining relationships with other countries as well as future relationship with other countries.
I hope that Congress passes the ban on torture. I believe it will help the United States image, but I also believe we have a moral obligation to treat human beings as human beings. Does torture really work anyway? Don't people just tell you anything so it will stop? The arguments for torture are weak at best and do not justify injuring a person.
Post a Comment
<< Home
