Friday, November 04, 2005

 

Tomlinson quits US public broadcasting board

A friend of mine sent me this story and wanted to know what I thought of it. I am a big fan of PBS and NPR. Basically, Tomlinson resigned because the Corporation for Public Broadcasting was investigating his activities as board chairman. One of these activities was hiring independent researchers to find if there was a liberal bias to the content of the programming. He has been accused by critics of politicizing public broadcasting in order to push his conservative agenda.

Is the programming on PBS and NPR biased? Do you feel it is overtly liberal?

I know many high-profile conservatives have stated that it is biased, but I would like to know your opinions and specifically how is it biased. What sort of programming would you suggest?

full story here

Comments:
There is an issue with being in a position and imposing your opinion on other, however, if you don't like what you are hearing..change the channel or stop listening. With the variety of news choices today, there should be an outlet for just about everyone to listen to things they support. I think it is disappointing that the resigned..i think in a way he let part of his audience down.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?