Wednesday, February 15, 2006

 

Cheney hunting incident

I would really hate to be the White House spokesperson, or whoever handles the publicity issues for Cheney right now. It's interesting to read the articles about Cheney shooting one of his fellow hunters while on a quail hunt. You can sort of just see right through everything that the White House is saying and see how they are being so careful to try to figure out how to paint this in the best possible image. But it seems to be really hard to do. If I were responsible for handling the public for this, I wouldn't know quite what to do. Would anyone handle it differently than they are?

Comments:
I agree with Stacey. It is a lot easier to say "well, they should have done this or they should have said this..." but I think withholding the information gave time for Cheney to clear somethings in his own head and clarify details to his spokesperson. He knew he would have to face the public eventually and that this situation would produce great media attention. I really feel sorry for him. He will forever be remembered for his hunting carelessness and this tragic accident.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?