Friday, February 03, 2006

 

Collegiate Readership Program

Most of you have probably heard about this program. Free newspapers such as USAToday and New York Times for students on campus. But it was interesting to read a quote about it in the Reflector. The senior account manager from USAToday, which sponsors the program, said that one of the goals of the program was to inform young people so they would be more likely to vote and get involved in issues. I think this is probably a good step toward making young voters act.
Since the month of February is their 'trial' month, evidently MSU will make a decision based on how much interest is shown. Whether or not it will have an effect on young voters, I think access to information for students is a great thing, so I'm going to pick up a newspaper whenever I see one at the several stations on campus

Comments:
I concur. The steps the university is taking to increase the national and political knowledge of students shows its efforts in being an active part of American politics and life. For those of you who did not receive the email or know where to go, newspapers are available at the following locations:
1. Colvard Student Union
2. Dorman Hall
3. Perry Cafeteria
4. Allen Hall
5. YMCA Bldg/Post Office
6. McCain Hall
7. Mitchell Library
8. State Fountain Bakery
9. Harned Hall
10. Giles Hall
11. Thompson Hall
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?