Wednesday, February 08, 2006

 

Politics at Coretta Scott King's funeral

I was reading this article about people who spoke at Mrs. King's funeral critisizing the war in Iraq and domestic eavesdropping. They were discussing, I guess you could call it the ethics, of talking about that a funeral. One person argued that it was difficult to take all the politics out this specific funeral because of what she and her husband were icons of. Another person said that you can handle them more subtly during a eulogy.
I think I agree. I think a funeral would probably be the time when you should lay all politics aside and just remember the person. On the other hand, since domestic eavesdropping was something that affected the Kings personally, you might think "Well, if she had a choice, she might have wanted something like that mentioned at her funeral."
Link to the article
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/08/otsc.greenfield/index.html

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?