Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Gloria Steinem
I went to the lecture by Gloria Steinem last night. It was very exciting to be able to see someone in person who has been such a part of history in this century. I thought she was a very accomplished speaker.
I also thought the timing was interesting because of the abortion issue going on in Mississippi right now, knowing that Ms. Steinem is such a pro-choice figure. When one man asked a sort of accusatory question about abortion, there seemed to be quite a mix of strong opinions in the audience.
Did anyone else go hear her?
I also thought the timing was interesting because of the abortion issue going on in Mississippi right now, knowing that Ms. Steinem is such a pro-choice figure. When one man asked a sort of accusatory question about abortion, there seemed to be quite a mix of strong opinions in the audience.
Did anyone else go hear her?