Thursday, September 28, 2006

 

Missouri Senate Race

Since I'm from Missouri I have been following this race between the incumbent (R) Jim Talent and the challenger (D) Clair McCaskill. The main debate in the race has come down to stem cell research which will also be voted on by the people of Missouri this election as well. McCaskill who is strongly in favor of this has been real critical of Talent and President Bush who are against it because the compare it to human cloning. The New York Times has called this the most prominent race in the country because of the stem cell amendment and the polls right now have McCaskill in the lead by percentage points. Just wondering what anyone else thinks about stem cell research as I am against it for the same reason as Talent (to close to human cloning).

Comments:
I think there needs to be clarity on what stem cells are, undifferentiated cells. They haven't become anything yet. Human cloning and stem cell research are two completely different things. I think if there was better understanding of stem cell research there would br lrss opposition to it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?