Tuesday, October 24, 2006
cnn sniper footage
I don't know if any of you listen to Michael Savage on Supertalk, I heard him talking about this story last week, and I wondered what you guys thought about it. I was really disturbed by this.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-sniper21oct21,1,2127335.story?ctrack=1&cset=true
I haven't watched the video but you can see it on you tube. It might also still be on CNN's web site.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-sniper21oct21,1,2127335.story?ctrack=1&cset=true
I haven't watched the video but you can see it on you tube. It might also still be on CNN's web site.
Comments:
<< Home
I showed the video to two officers in the army, a colonel and a lieutenant. They both said they were glad people saw it. They feel as though Americans have become jaded by most war news. They're tired of hearing "well they knew what they were getting into when they signed up for the army". The colonel mentioned that the news from Iraq has become so controlled that it is "shamefully true" that a piece this honest has to come from the enemy. They also pointed out that people didn't see much. The images were distorted and filters were place over certain parts of the video. I personally think this was an effort to get higher ratings on CNN's behalf. I also think it is reprehensible to show someone getting killed to further your views on an issue and ESPECIALLY to make money. I have often said that that is not news; that is commentary. However, I agree with the Amry officers, the video showed the methods and the fact that soldiers are being targeted, but it doesn't show any getting shot. I also agree that this is something people should see (with the video filters and tact), because people should be more aware of the dangers of combat before they recite the rhetoric du jour regarding this war.
Post a Comment
<< Home
