Wednesday, November 08, 2006

 

Geeking out over election results

It's 1 a.m. Central time and, since I'm a geek, I've been up watching the election results come in. The Dems have pretty definitely won the House, they say, but these two crucial Senate elections--Montana and Virginia--cannot yet be called and will determine the balance in the Senate, although the Dems are ever-so-slightly ahead in all three.

The "analysts" are saying it could be a month or more until we really know about the Virginia race between Allen and Webb and that this could be another 2000 presidential election.

They've also been saying that this isn't a vote for the "liberal agenda" but against the war, scandals and corruption, so this should comfort any of you who might think that a Demoratic Congress will do crazy liberal things.

They're also saying that this is the end of the conservative domination of politics (at least for now).

What do you guys think about these things, especially about the second one? Do you guys think a Democrat-controlled congress will be more liberal or moderate?

I had another point I wanted to get your input on, but I don't remember it, oops.

Comments:
The United States will be moderate again...thankfully. The country was polarized by the people in office as a tactic to remain in office. Then it backfired. I was up until 3:00 looking at the Baltimore Sun and The STL Post Dispatch. I enjoyed this election too. I have to say, Maryland is the most politically interesting state in this election.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?