Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Bush state of the union issues
President Bush State of the Union address will cover several issues. The one I am most interested in is the healthcare proposal. I was wondering will the healthcare increase. I hope not because it is already expensive enough. I read on a news website that some americans will get a cut in their healthcare while others will have an increase. I guess I'll just have to watch the State of the Union address and see.
Comments:
<< Home
It will be interesting to see what Bush has to say tonight. He has a lot of heat on him and his support is at an all time low. His critics are saying what a bad job he is doing and it correlated into the polls of the Senate election. He will have to really do some great things in his last half of his term to make up some ground for the republicans to have a chance in the next election.
Hello Chris,
A lot of times I think the American people have no idea about what they want, or need.
For instance, not too long ago President Bush's approval ratings were at an all time high at about 82%. It wasn't until after President Bush began to make some executive decisions as a result of the events of September 11, 2001, that his approval rating began to slip to an all time low. Considering times of the past, I feel that President Bush was the right person in office at the time our Nation needed exemplary guidance.
Another example is President Bush's predecessor, President Clinton, excusing some of his human shortcomings did a lot of good things for our country. But, at times when our National interests were being attacked, President Clinton failed to rise to the occasion to effectively challenge our adversaries.
Don't misunderstand me, I enjoyed and appreciated President Clinton's administration, but he didn't present the capabilities of being the person to properly confront the hostilities our Nation was enduring.
Also, I don't feel that former Vice President Gore would have been able to rise to the challenges that President Bush has encountered.
In essence, President Bush is probably a prime example of a God appointed leader. Now, the question is, “What if September 11, Afghanistan, and Iraq had not occurred; what would President’s Bush approval ratings be?” The answer is we’ll never know due to a lack of reality. Furthermore, if anyone else could have accomplished better results,"Why weren't they performing duties as President of the United States when our country needed them?"
Thomas
A lot of times I think the American people have no idea about what they want, or need.
For instance, not too long ago President Bush's approval ratings were at an all time high at about 82%. It wasn't until after President Bush began to make some executive decisions as a result of the events of September 11, 2001, that his approval rating began to slip to an all time low. Considering times of the past, I feel that President Bush was the right person in office at the time our Nation needed exemplary guidance.
Another example is President Bush's predecessor, President Clinton, excusing some of his human shortcomings did a lot of good things for our country. But, at times when our National interests were being attacked, President Clinton failed to rise to the occasion to effectively challenge our adversaries.
Don't misunderstand me, I enjoyed and appreciated President Clinton's administration, but he didn't present the capabilities of being the person to properly confront the hostilities our Nation was enduring.
Also, I don't feel that former Vice President Gore would have been able to rise to the challenges that President Bush has encountered.
In essence, President Bush is probably a prime example of a God appointed leader. Now, the question is, “What if September 11, Afghanistan, and Iraq had not occurred; what would President’s Bush approval ratings be?” The answer is we’ll never know due to a lack of reality. Furthermore, if anyone else could have accomplished better results,"Why weren't they performing duties as President of the United States when our country needed them?"
Thomas
i agree with thomas, i think president Bush was the best possible president this nation could have had during these past few years. President Bush gets ALOT of criticism but he has also endured many events that other presidents have yet to experience. I just hope our nation isnt ignorant enough to elect an inexperienced candidate in 2008. I believe that in the state our country is in right now we have no room for error in choosing a solid leader for this nation.
Post a Comment
<< Home
