Thursday, January 18, 2007
More Troops to Iraq
Hello Everyone,
First of all, this is basically my first experience with blogging. I think I goofed by adding a new blog when my intention was to add a new post. How do I remove the new blog?
Now, back to the issue. Recently, President Bush announced his intention as Commander-in-Chief to deploy more troops to Iraq. As a result of this announcement, a majority of politicians appear to be in an uproar and disapprove of his intended actions.
There appears to be a lot of flip-flopping occurring. Politician that were initially for the war are now against the war. It appears that everyone is trying to appease public sentiments while President Bush appears to be the only politician with a backbone to lead a Nation.
Here's a brief history note: About 16 years ago, when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, he acted on the assumption that the West was a region that couldn't afford to lose 10 of thousands life. Actually, he was correct. The lost of one life to war is disastrous. Furthermore, Saddam lost the initial war, violated numerous UN Resolutions, was convicted and sentenced to death.
My question is, "From what basis, are the U.S. and coalition forces losing the war in Iraq? After 13 years of patience and multiple deadly attacks on our citizens, the U.S. acted to defend our democracy. At this point, I think it would be a volatile mistake for the U.S. and coalition forces to pull out of Iraq? President Bush's action to send more troops makes Saddam's statement invalid. Our Nation should be thankful for President Bush and show more appreciation.
Thomas
First of all, this is basically my first experience with blogging. I think I goofed by adding a new blog when my intention was to add a new post. How do I remove the new blog?
Now, back to the issue. Recently, President Bush announced his intention as Commander-in-Chief to deploy more troops to Iraq. As a result of this announcement, a majority of politicians appear to be in an uproar and disapprove of his intended actions.
There appears to be a lot of flip-flopping occurring. Politician that were initially for the war are now against the war. It appears that everyone is trying to appease public sentiments while President Bush appears to be the only politician with a backbone to lead a Nation.
Here's a brief history note: About 16 years ago, when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, he acted on the assumption that the West was a region that couldn't afford to lose 10 of thousands life. Actually, he was correct. The lost of one life to war is disastrous. Furthermore, Saddam lost the initial war, violated numerous UN Resolutions, was convicted and sentenced to death.
My question is, "From what basis, are the U.S. and coalition forces losing the war in Iraq? After 13 years of patience and multiple deadly attacks on our citizens, the U.S. acted to defend our democracy. At this point, I think it would be a volatile mistake for the U.S. and coalition forces to pull out of Iraq? President Bush's action to send more troops makes Saddam's statement invalid. Our Nation should be thankful for President Bush and show more appreciation.
Thomas
Comments:
<< Home
I completeley agree with your statement of our President having a backbone and how he is taking a stand for our country. I do wish this war would end and I hate that we have a so many casualties, yet we made a promise so we cannot back out now. We need more people that support our president and our country because we are Americans and without keeping a positive attitude and sticking together we are not as strong.
Well, with this troop increase, the troop levels in Iraq are still going to be well lower than when we had our largest numbers of boots on the ground, and that didn't seem to be helping things either. I think where most Americans go wrong is thinking that these extremists are fighting against us because they hate democracy. I doubt any suicide bomber woke up one morning and said, "I really gotta do something about that democracy thing." These guys are wanting to resist the temptations of the western world. They don't want to see half naked women drinking beer, or have bars and strip joints on the corner, (the real price of freedom I suppose). These guys have been fighting with the Christians of the world before the Bible was written, plus the Romans, the Russians, etc., etc...and I doubt that 20,000 more people thrown into the mix will break their will when they think their deaths will be rewared with eternity in heaven.
Post a Comment
<< Home
