Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Obama's gonna run
I'm curious how you feel about Barak Obama's presidential chances. He is a first-term U.S. Senator from Illinois with little political experience. Do you think this will hurt him in a presidential race? Also, how do you think Hillary Clinton will take this news?
Comments:
<< Home
Personally, I don't think Senator Obama will ever announce his candidacy after completing the exploratory evaluation. If anyone ever had impressive credentials to become President, it was (Ret) General Colin Powell. After completing his exploratory evaluation in 1996 (I believe), he opted not to pursue a Presidential election, and explained he has not acknowledged a profound calling to the office. Yes, I’m quite sure that Senator Obama's lack of experience as a first-term Senator will be damaging to his chances of being elected as President. But Senator Obama has more serious issues to concern himself with. For instance, at first, I wasn't sure about Senator Obama's chances for being elected as President because of the hype being afforded him. Than, one Sunday evening (I think) I was listening to an interview with him (I don't remember with who). During the interview, Senator Obama shared some information about his family remaining in Illinois while he resided in Washington to perform Senator Duties. The justification for this arrangement was to accommodate the feelings and emotions of their daughters by not relocating them from familiar territory. To me, this was an immediate "Red Flag" for any chances to being elected as President. My question was who and what could be more important to their daughters than residing with their father as a whole family unit? Something isn't right in the kool-aid. I don't think Senator Clinton will flinch at all from the news about Senator Obama's presidential intentions. A matter of fact, Senator Clinton will probably exploit the occasion by taking the opportunity to learn a lot of lessons. Senator Clinton appears to be a brilliant person with enormous political clout. If history is to be rewritten, Senator Clinton is probably the most likely candidate to use as a personality, and this is probably the most likely period of time to change the pages of history. The question to ask is probably, “How will Senator McCain or any other potential presidential candidate take the news if and when Senator Clinton takes definitive action to become the next President?” Senator Clinton would be a force to reckon with.
I am very excited about Obama running, from what i've seen of him so far I really like him and his wife, I don't know a whole lot about him though and I am interested to learn more about him...I do agree with Thomas's statement on Obama residing in Chicago with his family even though he has to work in Washington part of the week, he discussed this on Oprah and how he tries to maintain a regular lifestyle for his family, that's definatly not going to continue if he wants to pursue a higher political position
To me Obama running for President would be a good thing because he has the charisma and personality to win alot of votes away from Sentor Clinton. However he does not have the experience in Washington of dealing with the pressures of the media and problems of the US to be the President in my opinion. If he can demonstrate that he can handle the pressures then I think it would be a good idea for him to run. Unfortunately I do not know alot about him so I can't say if I would vote for him or not.
Post a Comment
<< Home

