Tuesday, February 27, 2007

 

Cheney the target?

According to Foxnews.com the Taliban spokesman says the vice president was the target of a homicide bomber who killed atleast 14 at a main military outpost. Was Cheney the target? Most believe he was. I believe that as well because all the evidence shows that.

Comments:
I think this will start to be a growing trend. They are targeting high profile people to help get their message across more powerfully. Obviously Cheney is very high in our political system and this would send shock waves throughout the world.
 
Hello Jessica,

Personally, I don't think Vice President Cheney was the target. As I understand the news report, Vice President Cheney was approximately three quarters of a mile away from the explosion site. In an instance where the vice president would have been considered a likely target, that explosion would have needed to taken place a lot closer to his location.
It is more than likely, once the vice president arrived at that base; the base was locked down tighter than Fort Knox (i.e. I think the explosion occurred at the main gate).
I seriously doubt any suspicious person would have gotten anywhere close to the vice president without paying a costly price to their own well being way before detonating a suicide bomb.
For example, a security detail member would have spotted the threat, its likely bomb detecting devices were in use, sharp shooters wouldn't have hesitated to intercept the threat, and secret service are extremely controlling in such a hostile environment.
Therefore, the bomb exploded at its designated target; the main gate area.

Thomas
 
Thomas you always have great view points. I agree with you. I think people like to make assumptions about why something happened because they can't explain it any other way. Hopefully people will not pay too much attention this this topic and worry about other more important things!
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Of course the target was the main gate. It was a big, pretty gate that taunted everyday passersby with its glorious gate-i-tude. So why not waste a life to get rid of the gate? Now everyone that walks by will secretly breathe a sigh of relief that the big, haughty gate has gone to hell. And there'll be no virgin gates for it to love. No, no, only hardened, rusty, poorly oiled gates that will give him no pleasure. Good riddance to the gate and all it stood for.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?