Thursday, February 15, 2007

 

Not just Clinton and JFK

According to BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/events/clinton_under_fire/the_big_picture/167068.stm)
mulitiple US president's have had affairs.....

Most people have come to terms that Clinton and JFK are/were womanizers and had affiars, does this make you think any differently of these past presidents? Or do you think this is something that is just commonplace?


Comments:
Hello Amanda,

Initially, I viewed your posting on Friday, February 17. Than, I was experiencing a time crunch; therefore, I wasn't able to reply to your question. Since than, the two elements of patience and mindfulness, have worked through me while considering a response to your questions.
First, I will say as a growing youth faced with the decision of wrongfully engaging in sexuality I concluded it was common place, but that doesn't make it right.
Second, the answer to your questions lies within your questions.
Third, why would a self-respecting prominent citizen stoop so low to have a love affair with his black slave and to have several children with her. Think about this, “It could be considered worse than the mayor of a city having an affair with a homeless person."
Fourth; except for President Clinton, most of us wasn't around when all of this activity took place. We barely know the significance of President Clinton's sexual escapades. How can we even imagine the escapades of those Presidents before President Clinton? None of us actually caught any of them in action. So; no, this doesn't make me think any differently of these past Presidents. They all were humans in the spot light that probably isn't accused of doing any worse than anyone else did back then.
Now, speaking of accused; that situation remains me of another woman from the past who was caught committing the very act of adultery. Her accusers captured her, took her to a renowned teacher, and demanded that she be judged and sentenced to death by stoning. That renowned teacher thought patiently and mindfully about the ugly situation to instruct for those who were without sin to commence throwing the first stone at her to implement her death. Believe it or not, no one threw a stone at that woman. So, she was released and encouraged to live a better life. Therefore; again, apparently it's commonplace.
Throughout the years, there have been a lot of people injured, killed, or confined for similar activities. After it’s all done and over with, none of it makes any sense because a lot of people’s lives are ruined over foolishness.
But, all of that is irrelevant. Most of those people are dead and gone now. None of them are concerned or worried about what man had an affair with what woman, or what woman had an affair with what man? Now, they're either rejoicing about being in right standing with their creator, or being tormented for not being in right standing with their creator.
I think your questions were trick questions.

P.S. Don't be offended about my statement about black slave woman or a homeless person. Some of the loveliest people you will ever meet are black women or homeless people. There is a point within the statement.

Thomas
 
I think that it would be wrong to make this issue a stereotype of presidents. I believe that it is just common for people to have affairs. As much as i hate to say it, affairs are becoming so common that people dont even consider them wrong anymore and i believe this is a serious issue. I do also believe that it is somewhat even more wrong for a president to have an affair because he is looked upon as a leader and role model.
 
People have been having sex for a long time...and probably will for many years to come. I can't say it surprises me much, because, well, less and less does. Yes I believe having an afair is wrong, yes I believe that pre-marital sex is wrong, but I'm not daft enough to believe that these things havn't happened in the past and won't happen again in the future. I think that you should weigh whether or not you think a person is good enough despite their faults, because we all have them. The big question to me is, Do they do more harm than good? It's hard for us feeble humans to get it right all the time.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?