Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Obama _ Clinton?
To start off my blog I would like to state that I am neither racist nor sexists. I was curious to know what the class thought about this question. Is the United States more ready for an African American President (Obama) or a female president (Clinton)? I personally think the U.S. is more ready for an African American president. When I see obama, race is not an issue for my voting thoughts. I will say once again that I am not sexist but for some reason I don’t look at Hillary on the same level as the other candidates. I hope that my reason for feeling this way is not because of her gender but because of her views.
Comments:
<< Home
I do not have a problem with an African-American president, but I am a little hesitant towards a female one. I just know personally, since I am a female, that we are sensitive, emotional, and irrational at times. I don't know if a female could handle the pressure.
Hello Ragan,
This question isn't at all racist nor sexists.
I'm neither racist nor sexist, but I've given this issue a lot of thought.
In the case of Senator Clinton, I like a lot of things about her. A matter of fact, I like a majority of things about her. The only things I can honesty think of that I don't like about Senator Clinton is her inconsistent position toward the Iraq war.
When I think about it; I have given more thought about Senator Clinton than Senator Obama. With that said, Senator Obama is a handicap match favoring Senator Clinton as a Presidential Candidate. Senator Obama's handicap has nothing to do with him being a black male; as opposed to being an inexperience Senator just like former Senator John Edwards.
Take a moment to do the math. Senator Clinton has previous experience as First Lady of Arkansas for approximately 12 years, First Lady of the United States for eight years, and New York Senator for at least six years. If I have said it once, I have said it twice, from my perspective; a better challenge for Senator Clinton from the angle of a black male candidate would be former General Colin Powell.
Now, rather or not Senator Clinton can be President of the United States. If I was inside of a polling both making a decision, my instinct would remind me of a Biblical principle that a woman shall not usurp authority over a man. As President of the United States, Senator Clinton would be in the ultimate position to usurp authority over a man.
Timothy 2:11-12
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. (KJV)
Note: Please don’t misunderstand this reference. A woman is more than capable to teach a man and rule her classroom with honor; the underlining issue is usurping authority over the man which occurs in a whole different context.
On the other hand, if Senator Clinton was to personally ask me for my vote, I would probably melt like butter in her presence to endorse her for President. Nevertheless, I would trust my natural instinct and conscience.
In other words, for a Presidential Candidate to defeat Senator Clinton; man or not, that candidate is going to have to rise to the occasion. For example, Senator Clinton vs. Senator McCain; I probably vote Senator McCain. Or, Senator Clinton vs. Rudy Giuliani; I probably vote Senator Clinton. Or hypothetically, Senator Clinton vs. Colin Powell; I probably vote Colin Powell. But the issue is Senator Clinton vs. Senator Obama; I probably vote Senator Clinton.
Thomas
This question isn't at all racist nor sexists.
I'm neither racist nor sexist, but I've given this issue a lot of thought.
In the case of Senator Clinton, I like a lot of things about her. A matter of fact, I like a majority of things about her. The only things I can honesty think of that I don't like about Senator Clinton is her inconsistent position toward the Iraq war.
When I think about it; I have given more thought about Senator Clinton than Senator Obama. With that said, Senator Obama is a handicap match favoring Senator Clinton as a Presidential Candidate. Senator Obama's handicap has nothing to do with him being a black male; as opposed to being an inexperience Senator just like former Senator John Edwards.
Take a moment to do the math. Senator Clinton has previous experience as First Lady of Arkansas for approximately 12 years, First Lady of the United States for eight years, and New York Senator for at least six years. If I have said it once, I have said it twice, from my perspective; a better challenge for Senator Clinton from the angle of a black male candidate would be former General Colin Powell.
Now, rather or not Senator Clinton can be President of the United States. If I was inside of a polling both making a decision, my instinct would remind me of a Biblical principle that a woman shall not usurp authority over a man. As President of the United States, Senator Clinton would be in the ultimate position to usurp authority over a man.
Timothy 2:11-12
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. (KJV)
Note: Please don’t misunderstand this reference. A woman is more than capable to teach a man and rule her classroom with honor; the underlining issue is usurping authority over the man which occurs in a whole different context.
On the other hand, if Senator Clinton was to personally ask me for my vote, I would probably melt like butter in her presence to endorse her for President. Nevertheless, I would trust my natural instinct and conscience.
In other words, for a Presidential Candidate to defeat Senator Clinton; man or not, that candidate is going to have to rise to the occasion. For example, Senator Clinton vs. Senator McCain; I probably vote Senator McCain. Or, Senator Clinton vs. Rudy Giuliani; I probably vote Senator Clinton. Or hypothetically, Senator Clinton vs. Colin Powell; I probably vote Colin Powell. But the issue is Senator Clinton vs. Senator Obama; I probably vote Senator Clinton.
Thomas
Hello Ragan,
Oh yeah, I almost forgot one; Senator Clinton vs. Former Senator John Edward; I probably vote Senator Clinton.
Thomas
Oh yeah, I almost forgot one; Senator Clinton vs. Former Senator John Edward; I probably vote Senator Clinton.
Thomas
I agree with the comments about the senators. They both have little experience. Some of the issues have really caught my attention. I am not sure that america could handle a woman or a black president. I think america could handle a black male president sooner than a woman president.
I honestly think that America would vote for a man, it doesn't matter what color he is, before voting for a woman as President. I agree with Amanda as well, because I am a woman and I just can't see any woman handling the pressures of being President of the U.S. Then again, Senator Clinton knows exactly what she is getting into since she is a former first lady.
I, for one, don't really consider Hillary Clinton to be a woman. She's a cold, heartless machine. I would love a robot president, and unfortunately, Obama seems much too fluid to be an android. If Obama can prove to me that he is willing to at least become a cyborg, I'll probably side with him, but as of right now, Roboclinton has my vote.
I personally don't care for either one. There's something about Obama that I just don't like. It's like he's trying to hard or something. I can't put my finger on it, and I just plain old don't like Clinton.
I think another big issue that voters will have to think about (and a good point that any opposition of Sen. Clinton would make) is that the world is focused on the Middle East right now...and NONE of those guys are going to take a woman seriously...i mean we're talking about the same people who think its ok to kill your wife if she shows off her cheekbones a little...I know...it's hard to get ahead in this world ladies...but it's even harder for you to be THE head of this world...which, unfortunatly for some and very fortunatly for others, is the current state of things. Virtually no leader in that portion of the world (including some Asian and African countries) will listen to anything a woman has to say.
Hello Samuel
I just thought to take a moment to address two of your points.
(1.) "....that the world is
focused on the Middle East
right now...and NONE of
those guys are going to
take a woman seriously...i
mean we're talking about
the same people who think
its ok to kill your wife if
she shows off her
cheekbones a little..."
(2.) "Virtually no leader in
that portion of the world
(including some Asian and
African countries) will
listen to anything a woman
has to say."
Quiet often, I sat under the counsel of wise men. More times than not; a matter of fact, all of the time compared to none. Those wise men comment that the best information, counsel, decision making they've ever made involved listening to their wives.
Now, as far as, the men from the Middle East that is a whole different culture with a unique way of doing things that doesn't compare to America's way of life.
Years ago, I had my first experience of living in another country. Upon returning to America, I experienced a more thankful attitude for America's way of life and our democratic principles. This occasion caused me to kiss our ground. America leads the way, not follow the way.
Now back to the wise men I was referring to; I believe I can go out on a limb to say they would call a man that doesn't listen to his wife, "a lonely ole fool." Also, they would probably address any other man that doesn’t value the opinion of a woman a dumb ole fool.
Thomas
I just thought to take a moment to address two of your points.
(1.) "....that the world is
focused on the Middle East
right now...and NONE of
those guys are going to
take a woman seriously...i
mean we're talking about
the same people who think
its ok to kill your wife if
she shows off her
cheekbones a little..."
(2.) "Virtually no leader in
that portion of the world
(including some Asian and
African countries) will
listen to anything a woman
has to say."
Quiet often, I sat under the counsel of wise men. More times than not; a matter of fact, all of the time compared to none. Those wise men comment that the best information, counsel, decision making they've ever made involved listening to their wives.
Now, as far as, the men from the Middle East that is a whole different culture with a unique way of doing things that doesn't compare to America's way of life.
Years ago, I had my first experience of living in another country. Upon returning to America, I experienced a more thankful attitude for America's way of life and our democratic principles. This occasion caused me to kiss our ground. America leads the way, not follow the way.
Now back to the wise men I was referring to; I believe I can go out on a limb to say they would call a man that doesn't listen to his wife, "a lonely ole fool." Also, they would probably address any other man that doesn’t value the opinion of a woman a dumb ole fool.
Thomas
I am not sure if America is ready to handle a woman or a black president. I would think Obama has a better chance over Hillary but Obama has some issues that have come out that might play against him. It is difficult for a president to be safe so I am worried that if either one of these candidates win then their chances for assassination will increase.
Post a Comment
<< Home

