Wednesday, February 07, 2007
A Time Limit On Rape
I was reading an article from Time and it asks this question:
"If a woman consents to having sex with a man but then during intercourse says no, and the man continues, is it rape?" The highest courts in seven states have ruled that a woman may change her mind at any time, and if the man continues, it is rape. However, in Maryland and North Carolina, if a woman withdraws her consent after sex has begun...she can't call it rape. Personally, I think that it is considered rape if the woman says no at any time. But, my opinion is based on a female perspective. What do you all think? Especially the guys...
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1584786-1,00.html
"If a woman consents to having sex with a man but then during intercourse says no, and the man continues, is it rape?" The highest courts in seven states have ruled that a woman may change her mind at any time, and if the man continues, it is rape. However, in Maryland and North Carolina, if a woman withdraws her consent after sex has begun...she can't call it rape. Personally, I think that it is considered rape if the woman says no at any time. But, my opinion is based on a female perspective. What do you all think? Especially the guys...
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1584786-1,00.html
Comments:
<< Home
Well I had an entire page typed about what I was going to say but I couldn’t figure out how to say what I wanted to say without it be awkward or sounding like I was a psycho rapist. Basically I think many males are wrongfully accused of rape because of this instance. Females should realize what unbelievable testosterone males have. I plea the 5th on this subject!
I think that it is rape because she has changed her mind about the situation. If the person continues it is rape.
If a woman says no, it's rape. There's a bigger problem with this situation, though. If a woman says yes and the... intercourse begins, it will be pretty hard to prove when she said "no" and if she even did. It seems like this little discrepancy is a great way for a woman to cry rape when it hasn't happened. Seems like they could just wait until the... evidence... was deposited and then say "no." What then? How do you prove what happened? At that point it's one person's word against another's, and there's no clear way to prosecute that.
Hello Claudia,
You have asked a very complicated question. Therefore, I'm going to try and provide you a very simple answer.
Sexual intercourse is a very loving and fulfilling act that should be shared by two people whom are accountable and responsible to each other within the confines of a marriage relationship.
Under this umbrella of a marriage relationship each person should have the opportunity to enjoy the sexual act within an environment of consent, enjoyment, and pleasure.
If at anytime, either the male or the female decide that they do not desire to continue the sexual act, any and all actions of the sexual act should cease immediately.
Now, the two differences here are:
(1.) Sexual conflicts between loving married couples should be easily negotiated without outside legal involvement.
(2.) Sexual acts of adultery and/or fornication are irresponsible behavior from its origin. Therefore, if either the woman or man decide to disengage from the behavior in midstream that is their right. Anyone whom does not honor that right has violated that person's free-will. If I was sitting on a jury, I would vote to convict that person of rape.
Thomas
You have asked a very complicated question. Therefore, I'm going to try and provide you a very simple answer.
Sexual intercourse is a very loving and fulfilling act that should be shared by two people whom are accountable and responsible to each other within the confines of a marriage relationship.
Under this umbrella of a marriage relationship each person should have the opportunity to enjoy the sexual act within an environment of consent, enjoyment, and pleasure.
If at anytime, either the male or the female decide that they do not desire to continue the sexual act, any and all actions of the sexual act should cease immediately.
Now, the two differences here are:
(1.) Sexual conflicts between loving married couples should be easily negotiated without outside legal involvement.
(2.) Sexual acts of adultery and/or fornication are irresponsible behavior from its origin. Therefore, if either the woman or man decide to disengage from the behavior in midstream that is their right. Anyone whom does not honor that right has violated that person's free-will. If I was sitting on a jury, I would vote to convict that person of rape.
Thomas
I believe it would be rape, but it still depends on the situation. I know a girl that has been raped by saying no in the first place and now her physical relationships are all messed up. She wants to be physical, but then freaks out when starting or in the middle. I believe that if she asks them to stop and they do not, it is rape.
i think that either party has the right to change their mind at anytime, i don't know if i would necessarily consider it rape, it would depend on the circumstances, but if someone says no then the sex should stop
I feel that no matter what was said before when a female tells her partner "NO" then no means no. There is no other way to get around it. After that it is considered to be non consensual sex, which is Rape.
When someone says "no" or "stop" whether they are male or female then the situation should stop. Any person that has any sort of conscience would stop if the other person was not feeling good about the situation. If that person does not stop and continues to make the other person feel uncomfortable should be punished if found guilty.
I absolutely agree that if a girl says "no" then that should be respected. I know that many guys are wrongly accused of rape, but alot of times men are being selfish with their "unbelievable testosterone".They should learn how to control it because that is no excuse to take advantage of a girl. I think you need to be a female to truly understand what it feels like to be pressured constantly by guys and to be onest it sickens me. If someone in either party feels uncomfortanle and wants to stop, then the whole act should stop. Sex is not something that should make anyone feel uncomfortable.
Post a Comment
<< Home

