Tuesday, March 06, 2007
He's Back!!
After hearing small talk about the guy on the drill field and reading Tyler's article I was wondering what people thought about him. I agree with some things he has to say but I disagree with most of his thoughts. The video clip doesn't explain much so I would recommend finding the article Tyler wrote in the Reflector. The preacher basically says all college students are going to Hell. I believe he is so judgemental that he is turning people away from God.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0VJF1NBAFQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0VJF1NBAFQ
Comments:
<< Home
I don't think people like him should be taken seriously, i think he just wants attention and this is his outlet to get it.
I think he is crazy. One thing he chose a primarily conservative campus to spread his word and the other thing is that he believes he is sin free! No one is sin free but somehow this guy got lucky and cleansed of sins...yeah right. My concern is that his message is reaching lost souls that will be turned away from the love and grace of God. I thought Tyler did an excellent job in his article. I talked to him after class and he discussed his concern with the wording he used but I thought it was necessary to display the outrageous tactics this guy uses to preach. The article was so perfect with a picture of the man's little boy and in the background the "pastor" wearing a t-shirt that says "Homos will go to Hell." He is distasteful, but he brings excitement to our campus and he also challenges Christians to dig deeper and read the word of God for answers to this persecution.
Hello Ragan,
In reference to your wonders, I would conclude that first and foremost, everyone would have to make a personal declaration to whether or not they believe that God actually exist, is Jesus God's son, was Jesus crucified and resurrected from the dead. Than, that person would need to determine rather or not they have accepted Jesus as his or her personal savior and received the Holy Spirit into their life. In other words, accept personal accountability and responsibility for the destination of his or her soul for eternity.
After that, everything else is a commitment of faith to God's word because that is the only perfect thing in this imperfect world.
Yes, God uses people to spread His word, and people are commanded to preach the gospel throughout the world. Sometimes that responsibility isn't an easy task, and people are prone to error.
If a person does error while spreading God's word, God is faithful to forgive them upon request. Furthermore, God will hold each and every one of His servants accountable for his or her actions; good or bad, right or wrong.
Now to take a brief review of Biblical history; allots of people concluded Noah was crazy. There are many occurrences of when servants of God were deemed crazy.
Thomas
In reference to your wonders, I would conclude that first and foremost, everyone would have to make a personal declaration to whether or not they believe that God actually exist, is Jesus God's son, was Jesus crucified and resurrected from the dead. Than, that person would need to determine rather or not they have accepted Jesus as his or her personal savior and received the Holy Spirit into their life. In other words, accept personal accountability and responsibility for the destination of his or her soul for eternity.
After that, everything else is a commitment of faith to God's word because that is the only perfect thing in this imperfect world.
Yes, God uses people to spread His word, and people are commanded to preach the gospel throughout the world. Sometimes that responsibility isn't an easy task, and people are prone to error.
If a person does error while spreading God's word, God is faithful to forgive them upon request. Furthermore, God will hold each and every one of His servants accountable for his or her actions; good or bad, right or wrong.
Now to take a brief review of Biblical history; allots of people concluded Noah was crazy. There are many occurrences of when servants of God were deemed crazy.
Thomas
Yeah, Thomas, but Noah and other Biblical servants of God didn't run around yelling slurs and epithets at people in an attempt to convert them to... uh... perfection? This crazy loon is telling everyone Christians are supposed to be sin-free, and not in a metaphoric sense. No one is sin-free but God, as it says in the Bible this nutcase has obviously never read knowledgeably.
Hello Arron,
Apparently, Mr. Venyhan and the campus population have reached a boiling point. Let's stop for a minute to take an objective look at things, and cut through the red-tape.
If anyone involved in adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envying, murder, drunkenness, reveling was to approach Mr.Venyhan and asked him point-blank if he loved them, "What would be his answer?" Yes, I love you my brethren, or no, I do not love you brethren. On the other hand, if someone was to approach any member of MSU (student, faculty, staff, or administrator) and asked if he or she loved Mr. Venyhan, "What would be his or her answer?" Yes, I love you Michael, or no, I do not love you Michael.
See, at the end of the day, regardless of anything else, the only thing that matters in God's eyes is do a person harbor, "The spirit of love in his or her heart, or do a person harbor, the spirit of hate in his or her heart?"
If Michael Venyhan harbors the spirit of hate in his heart, you have properly characterized him as a crazy loon and a nutcase. Otherwise, if Michael Venyhan does not harbor the spirit of hate in his heart, you have improperly characterized him as a crazy loon and a nutcase.
Thomas
Post a Comment
Apparently, Mr. Venyhan and the campus population have reached a boiling point. Let's stop for a minute to take an objective look at things, and cut through the red-tape.
If anyone involved in adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envying, murder, drunkenness, reveling was to approach Mr.Venyhan and asked him point-blank if he loved them, "What would be his answer?" Yes, I love you my brethren, or no, I do not love you brethren. On the other hand, if someone was to approach any member of MSU (student, faculty, staff, or administrator) and asked if he or she loved Mr. Venyhan, "What would be his or her answer?" Yes, I love you Michael, or no, I do not love you Michael.
See, at the end of the day, regardless of anything else, the only thing that matters in God's eyes is do a person harbor, "The spirit of love in his or her heart, or do a person harbor, the spirit of hate in his or her heart?"
If Michael Venyhan harbors the spirit of hate in his heart, you have properly characterized him as a crazy loon and a nutcase. Otherwise, if Michael Venyhan does not harbor the spirit of hate in his heart, you have improperly characterized him as a crazy loon and a nutcase.
Thomas
<< Home

