Thursday, March 01, 2007
Let's do talk Iraq!
I know the Iraq is a touchy subject right now but lets not forget why it's happening. I enjoyed the post Tyler made including the video. The video almost reminded me of a Mike Moore film one sided and not all of the facts. After watching the WWJD clip I was extremely sad but then I remember the same type video after 9/11. I know it sounds immature to say they started it but the war in Iraq would be alot different right now if they wouldn't have attacked America.Though I hate war, I believe it is a necessary thing at this time. I love the United States and feel we should do whatever it takes to protect it!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDh_pvv1tUM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDh_pvv1tUM
Comments:
<< Home
Ragan, I just want to point out to you that our invasion of Iraq has absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. That would be al-Qaeda, based in Afghanistan and founded by Osama bin Laden.
Iraq was based on pretenses involving Bush and the administration "knowing for a fact" that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, and subsequently getting rid of them. Guess what? No weapons of mass destruction, just innocent Iraqis and soldiers losing their lives for no reason at the hands of insurgents fighting for their sectarian beliefs. Iraq, as has been noted and accepted by the mass media and American people (but not the Bush Administration) is a civil war.
I don't need to remind you that it was Osama bin Laden who masterminded the WTC attacks, and I'm saddened that you are still among the vast minority that believe 9/11 is directly tied to Iraq.
I would also like to note that my post was intended to get our class' perspective on the policies, not the pretenses (or false pretenses in this case) on the war in Iraq and the effect it is having on our society and the Middle East. I did not once take a particular stand on the issue, I simply brought to our class' attention a couple of things that have hit me hard recently. There's no need to get all defensive about that.
Post a Comment
Iraq was based on pretenses involving Bush and the administration "knowing for a fact" that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, and subsequently getting rid of them. Guess what? No weapons of mass destruction, just innocent Iraqis and soldiers losing their lives for no reason at the hands of insurgents fighting for their sectarian beliefs. Iraq, as has been noted and accepted by the mass media and American people (but not the Bush Administration) is a civil war.
I don't need to remind you that it was Osama bin Laden who masterminded the WTC attacks, and I'm saddened that you are still among the vast minority that believe 9/11 is directly tied to Iraq.
I would also like to note that my post was intended to get our class' perspective on the policies, not the pretenses (or false pretenses in this case) on the war in Iraq and the effect it is having on our society and the Middle East. I did not once take a particular stand on the issue, I simply brought to our class' attention a couple of things that have hit me hard recently. There's no need to get all defensive about that.
<< Home
