Wednesday, March 07, 2007
The Southern Hillary???
In class yesterday we discussed Hillary Clinton's southern delivery in Selma, Alabama. We all agreed her antics were obsurd, but how do you think the rest of the country or the south took it? I viewed her speech on the internet and she sounded ingnorant and fake. Obama's speech was great and he had such charm and charisma. If Hillary does not shape up and start becoming the candidate that the "people like," I don't think she will do well in the elections. What do you think? Can candidates go too far when they not only change their message to the audience but also their delivery. Is Hillary the first person that has done this so now history will have to learn from her?
Comments:
<< Home
I don't believe it is the first in history for someone to do it. It probably was one of the worst attempts. Others are relaying their message in different deliveries but are still being themselves. Hillary was just being fake.
I do not feel that the people of the south will not have a positive reaction to the way her message was delivered because I feel that it made fun of the south. She should have delivered the message in her own way and made it relate to the south, not try to make herself appear to be from the south.
I don't think it is one of the first times in history it has been done. Kennedy practically did it in Berlin, though that's not an incredibly relevant example. I just think she made a fool of herself.
It seems that no one in the country is responding well to this. Comedians are having a field day with it, and pundits are berating her for looking foolish. I don't think there is anyway for her to make this look good.
It seems that no one in the country is responding well to this. Comedians are having a field day with it, and pundits are berating her for looking foolish. I don't think there is anyway for her to make this look good.
Hello Brooke,
Thus far, I haven't been able to view the speech you're referring to. But, after I processed a thought this morning (Thursday, March 08), I think all else is irrelevant in regards to Senator Clinton.
As I have stated before, I thinks it's a great occasion that Senator Clinton is campaigning for an opportunity to occupy the White House once again. My opinion of Senator Clinton has been that she is a wonderful person and brings out a formable challenge to anyone else seeking to occupy the Presidential office in 2008.
Than, I inadvertently processed the thought, "Senator Clinton can't be victorious to become President of the United States for one reason. That reason is Senator Clinton lacks the ability to be Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces of the United States.
If Senator Clinton was elected President, this country would become vulnerable due to no commander being in place. Regardless of the public statements and comments, if Senator Clinton was in office as President, this country would be on pins and needles out of fear of the possibility of the U.S. Constitution being seriously threatened and the President being incapable of functioning.
Thomas
Thus far, I haven't been able to view the speech you're referring to. But, after I processed a thought this morning (Thursday, March 08), I think all else is irrelevant in regards to Senator Clinton.
As I have stated before, I thinks it's a great occasion that Senator Clinton is campaigning for an opportunity to occupy the White House once again. My opinion of Senator Clinton has been that she is a wonderful person and brings out a formable challenge to anyone else seeking to occupy the Presidential office in 2008.
Than, I inadvertently processed the thought, "Senator Clinton can't be victorious to become President of the United States for one reason. That reason is Senator Clinton lacks the ability to be Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces of the United States.
If Senator Clinton was elected President, this country would become vulnerable due to no commander being in place. Regardless of the public statements and comments, if Senator Clinton was in office as President, this country would be on pins and needles out of fear of the possibility of the U.S. Constitution being seriously threatened and the President being incapable of functioning.
Thomas
I agree with you guys on her being fake, I am also wondering if she is threatened by Obama and is trying new tactics to beat him in the primarys, i think she may be a little scared of losing to him.
Hillary is definitely trying to pull out every stop to gain ground in the polls and become more liked as a candidate. I guess she feels that Southerners are so ignorant that we will just beleive that she is the best candidate because she has tried to disguise her voice as a Southerner. It has taken me years to perfect my Southern accent and I take offense when she tries to imitate my dialogue. She is trying anything to get the SOuthern vote and honestly her best bet to get the Southern vote is to use her husband as a tool. If she is going to get elected it will only be with Bill's help, in my opinion.
Post a Comment
<< Home

