Thursday, January 17, 2008
Edwards blames media?
Just read an interesting article on cnn.com. This articles states John Edwards is suggesting that his campaign's lack of coverage from the meida is directly related to trailing Obama and Clinton. Edwards' communication director claims that the media has given unfair coverage to his opponents while neglecting to include his campaign.
Very interesting since we discussed the importance of the media in our first two class meetings.
Without going to deep into this, I would agree that Obama and Clinton seem to have more "star power" with the media.
Comments?
Very interesting since we discussed the importance of the media in our first two class meetings.
Without going to deep into this, I would agree that Obama and Clinton seem to have more "star power" with the media.
Comments?
Comments:
<< Home
I agree with you Michael. I think Clinton and Obama are both somewhat controversial and that it has given them an advantage with the media. I don't really know anything about Edwards except that his wife is a breast cancer survivor...and that he and John Kerry used to hug a lot...!
It definitely seems to be this way with the Democratic race. It seems that all you hear about is Clinton and Obama and not a lot about Edwards. On the Republican side it seems that Romney is in the media all of the time. I try and watch the Today Show in the mornings and it seems that he is on the show a lot. Maybe it is just me, but it just seems that Romney is the winner, in terms of who is in the media the most, on the Republican side of it.
Clinton and Obama are certainly the Democratic front-runners for President as far as the media coverage that I have seen show. As for the Republican side...I feel Romney, Huckabee, and McCain are all covered pretty frequently.
Interesting comments about the Republican party. I think that the media has definately singled out Obama and Clinton on the democratic side, but I don't know that they have decided who to give the most coverage to as to the Republicans. I think that four Republicans have received lots of coverage.
Post a Comment
<< Home
