Wednesday, January 30, 2008
How much do endorsements help?
I was just curious how much it helped candidates when their former competition drops out and decides to endorse them. (example: If Rudi drops out and supports McCain) I personally feel that it gives the candidate a huge boost. It would seem that all of the people who supported the candidate who dropped out would throw all of their support toward whoever he or she endorsed. I know that it is not the case all of the time, but I would assume that is what happens most of the time. Your thoughts?
Comments:
<< Home
I think it makes a difference because we feel like we're getting an "expert" opinion. Feel free to make fun of me, but I'm a sucker for Arnold Schwarzenegger. I have to admit that his endorsement of McCain made me think more positively about McCain.
I guess my last comment might be geared more toward a celebrity endorsement, but to answer your question, I do think the supporters will move their support to the endorsee.
Completely agree...if the candidate that I favored drops out of the race and endorses another then I value their opinion and usually endorse that candidate as well.
I agree with you as well Parker. Using your example it would look to me like most or majority of Rudy G's supporters would now lean toward McCain. Especially since they were backing him and now is out of the race and backing someone else.
Yea but you gotta look at the other side of it. If you get someone undesirable to back you it could definitely have a negative impact on your campaign.
I think endorsements help for sure, especially if a former candidate that has dropped out of the race endorses another candidate that is still in the race. It may sway some of the voters toward the candidate ( who is being endorsed) still in the race because they once supported the candidate that dropped out( who is now the endorser)! Wow, that sounds confusing....you know what I mean.
Post a Comment
<< Home
