Thursday, January 24, 2008

 

Is Rudy G. Through?

As Dr. Smith mentioned in class, Rudy Giuliani is fighting for his presidential life in Florida. According to cnn.com, recent polls show that he is fighting for third place with Mike Huckabee in Florida behind John McCain and Mitt Romney. According to Bill Adair, the chief editor of the St. Petersburg Times, "Rudy has fallen like the Dow Jones industrial average."

The article also states that Rudy has changed his strategy in Florida from portraying himself as America's mayor (another 911 ploy), to highlighting his fiscal success as mayor.

Does anyone think that this change in strategy can help him save Florida and propel him back into the race?

Comments:
I think that Rudy will drp out if he doesn't get a majoriy of the votes in Florida. It just shows that big name recognition does not mean a candidate will get a majority of the votes.
 
I agree--if he does not win Florida...I don't really think he has much hope left.
 
Rudi probably waited too long to make the strategy switch. With all the other GOP guys talking economy over the last few weeks, Rudi should have jumped in there with them. Too little too late, now, I think.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?