Sunday, January 27, 2008

 

Kennedy endorsement

It was decided today that Senator Edward M. Kennedy will endorse Barack Obama for president. Alot of democratic candidates sought for his endorsement. Does anyone think this will give Obama a significant step up over the other candidates?

Comments:
There could be plusses and minuses to the Kennedy endorsement. As Hannah said, it definitely could open some doors to big $$ and other big-time supporters. However, I don't think Ted Kennedy has always been the most liked guy in Congress. I don't know much about his current reputation, but I know he has had his share of scandals and bad press in the past.
 
I feel that it can only help Obama. I just saw some of the speech that Obama gave, after he was introduced by Kennedy. Obama seemed very positive and seemed to have the crowd into it. I guess only time will tell, but I just figure that the endorsement gives him that many more votes down the line. I don't know how many people support Kennedy, but it is a big name and the people who do support Kennedy will more than likely now support Obama, if they didn't already.
 
I think that the Kennedy's endorsement to Obama can only help. Their backing of him means more money and hopefully for Obama's sake more votes from the Kennedy's supporters. Obama did well recieving thier support as well as Oprah's.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?