Sunday, January 20, 2008

 

GOP Frontrunner?

 Does anyone think John McCain is the GOP frontrunner after taking SC? 

Comments:
I think John McCain may have the slight edge for the GOP, but I think it is only a slight edge. Unlike the Democratic party, there are still 4 Republican candidates that are receiving considerable shares of votes from related states. The upcoming weeks will be very interesting for the GOP.
 
I felt it was somewhat surprising that McCain won SC. I really felt that Huckabee would win that state. McCain seems to have picked up some momentum, and I feel that he has the edge or is at least one of the top two right now. I guess only time will tell what happens, and it will be very interesting.
 
McCain has the second most delegates right now, he picked up most of the delegates he has on January 19th (more than 50%). Romney is in the lead overall.
 
I am very eager to see how the GOP race plays out down South. As a Tennessee native I kept hoping Thompson would get something going, but time may have run out. I don't think Romney and Guiliani will get much attention down here. Between Huckabee and McCain, it will funto see what happens.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?