Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Gary Hart"esque"
Uh-Oh, Huckabee says that if the NYT would run a "nasty story" on him just like they did McCain it might be the best thing that could happen to him. Do you think the media will take him up on it? Seems kinda stupid to me to bait the media...
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/02/huckabee-ny-tim.html
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/02/huckabee-ny-tim.html
Comments:
<< Home
It seems as though Huckabee is pretty confident that the media will not be able to find anything negative about him. I believe that when he said this, that he was being sarcastic. He is generally pretty light-hearted and humorous, so I don't think that he was being completely serious, though there may have been a serious undertone aimed at getting himself some free press coverage.
I don't think that his comment will have too much of an effect.
I don't think that his comment will have too much of an effect.
Sorta like the post on why Huckabee is in the race, this confirms to me that he is trying to draw attention to himself for future endeavors. I agree that he better be sure he is squeaky clean, but the guy is a Baptist Minister.
I definitely think the media will take the challenge. I also think they will find something IF it is there. I have no idea whether there is anything to find, but if there is, UH-OH, he could be in trouble. We will see.
Just because someone is a Baptist minister means nothing. I know some pretty corrupt guys that are Baptist ministers. They do some pretty bad things. But, I think the jab at reporters was actually light-hearted, but could be a way to draw more attention to himself. Sounds like a good idea as long as he is as clean as he seems.
I think that Huckabee is asking for trouble. No one is clean. He may be a Baptist minister but he still has skeletons in the closet. No matter how deep he has buried his secret, when he gave the media the go ahead he basically gave them a shovel and said start digging. They will find something and it will not go well for Huckabee.
Huckabee seems to be attempting to get any kind of attention possible...Even if he has zero skeletons in his closet, (which is almost impossible--b/c everyone seems to have something they would prefer to forget from their past)I do not believe he will be helped as far as this election is concerned.
Post a Comment
<< Home
