Sunday, February 24, 2008

 

Huckabee lingers on...

Is anyone else like me in wondering why Mike Huckabee is still in the race? He says he believes in miracles, but in the policital realm...let's get real. I think he has some good ideas and appeals to a lot of people, but obviously not enough people. I just can't figure out what he has to gain by staying in. To me, he has hurt his chances of getting a nod for VP on the ticket.

Did anyone see his spot on SNL last night? If so, tell us what you think. I've read about it but did not see it.

One more question - when candidates drop out of the race, what happens to the money they still have on hand. I've noticed that most seem to have a few million left when they drop out. Anyone know???

Comments:
I find it somewhat interesting that Huckabee is still in the race. I don't blame him for trying and staying in until it is officially over, however, it does look like his chances are pretty slim. I feel that he still has a chance to be the VP choice even though he has stayed in the race. He would have a lot of support from the southern states if he was chosen as the VP, and for this reason, I think he has the best chance of any to get the VP spot.
 
I've wondered about this as well. Does McCain need more money? If McCain is going to ask Huckabee to be his VP, maybe he's staying in the race to collect funds that he can give to McCain's campaign. Just a thought...
 
I feel like Huckabee is still in for two reasons. The first reason, I believe, is to get his name out there more and more. Imagine how well people will recall his name during the next election, if he decides to run. Not only that, but he has won a few states, and has had a positive campaign thus far. His name will likely not be remembered with negative thoughts.
The second reason he could possibly still be in the race would be, as many have speculated, to get the VP nod. His name is out there, and easily recalled. As I stated earlier, he has run a pretty good campaign, so far, and there is no negativity surrounding him. Basicly, he is probably benefitting more by staying in, than he would be by getting out of the race. I feel like he knows what his chances of getting the nomination are, and has something up his sleeve. We'll just have to wait and see!
 
And I don't know what happens to campaign finances when the candidate drops out. I worked on a state-wide campaign this past year, and as far as I can tell, the money is/was a donation to the candidate, and when he/she drops out, they get to distribute it (or keep it) as they see fit.
 
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xvSXpM5qGmg
Huckabee on SNL
 
I completely agree that Huckabee is in the race to get his name there for the next term. As well as he did this time, no one really believed that he would get the nomination. In 4 years, who knows.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?