Thursday, February 07, 2008

 

The Key Issue

I was curious what everyone thought was the KEY issue for this election. I know people have differences of opinion on all of the issues but what is the KEY issue for this election and what are the different campaigns doing about this issue. I will give a brief list and let you either choose one of those or come up with one of your own....

1. Iraq/War On Terror
2. Economy
3. Social Security/Health Care
4. Immigration/Illegal Immigration
5. Securing The Boarders

Comments:
I think the overall important issue has shifted from the Iraq/War On Terror to the Economy in just the past few weeks. I also think Hilary and Barack are making sure that Social Security/Health Care is a top issue for Democrats as they tend to focus on it.
 
I think Julie is right. We have certainly heard more about the economy lately than we have Iraq. I think those two are the top issues either way you rank them.
 
The economy is what I keep hearing about through the media and although maybe it is b/c I am still a student relying on "mom and dad"...I really haven't noticed a change in our economy...any other thoughts on that? I do believe, however, the Iraq issue is still quite prevalent on many minds.
 
I too agree with Julie about the economy being big lately. However, I think the Iraq war issue and the immigration issue are still pretty important.

I'm kinda tired of hearing candidates say that they never voted for the war or are against the war. That really doesn't matter because if elected president they have inherited the war. I am ready to hear each candidate give viable solutions to the problem (which some have tried to do).

It is also interesting how different the candidates are on immigration.
 
I dont hink you will hear a whole lot about the war because it is a dangerous subject. Either side you stand on your gonna make the other mad. A better economy will make everyone happy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?