Wednesday, February 27, 2008
McCain tries to control backers
At a Cinncinati rally, radio talk show host Bill Cunningham introduced John McCain, but within that introduction made alot of bashing comments about Obama. For example, Cunningham called Obama by his full name....... Barack Hussein Obama and made the remark that he was a "hack" who would sit down for tea with the Iranian President and Hezobollah terror leaders.
I know that they all bash each other in some form or fashion, but I thought that was a bit harsh. I think John McCain was definitely somewhat embarassed of these remarks made by Cunningham. He stated to the media later that night that conservative groups stating a line like Cunningham's might be IMPOSSIBLE to control.
Do you think that's true?
I know that they all bash each other in some form or fashion, but I thought that was a bit harsh. I think John McCain was definitely somewhat embarassed of these remarks made by Cunningham. He stated to the media later that night that conservative groups stating a line like Cunningham's might be IMPOSSIBLE to control.
Do you think that's true?
Comments:
<< Home
I agree that it was too harsh. I feel like Mr. McCain would have not wanted him to say those things. I definitely think it is hard to control what others say. I cannot imagine how hard it is for candidates to control everything there campain says and does.
Now Cunningham says he's going to give his vote to Hilary because McCain "threw him under the bus" to the press.
I think that McCain is right about not being able to control people. I know you can't control what others say but you can control who you affiliate with. It's something all the candidates should consider.
With all of the biased media comments made by radio, television, printed media, etc., things are getting more and more out of hand. I think that it is sad that when you choose a TV channel for election coverage, you pretty much know their opinion before you watch.
Thus, I think McCain did the correct thing by denouncing these comments. I respect the fact he showed some sense of fairness for his opponents.
Thus, I think McCain did the correct thing by denouncing these comments. I respect the fact he showed some sense of fairness for his opponents.
I think that it is possible to control them but the damage that they cause could be irreversible. Also I think that both sides are going overboard with the insults. It may be okay to question a candidates military service record, their fidelity to their marriage partner and even their political experience. But I think that it is embarrassing when one side claims that a canidate is treasonous in some way. This may be the last legal bloodsport in this country but there has to be standards.
Cunningham's comments were perhaps not the most appropriate, but I really don't see how they were that much worse than some of the other things that have been said about or b/t the candidates. I believe the media made a spectacle of the situation and blew it out of proportion as they seem to do on occasion.
Post a Comment
<< Home
