Sunday, February 03, 2008

 

Obama/McCain Comment

In response to Michael's comment, can we really say that Obama is struggling against Hillary. When it comes to popularity, the woman is kicking everyone's butt. However, is anyone really paying attention to her campaign in general. I personally have nothing against Hillary but I think her campaign is where it is because of WHO she is. When Obama first announced he was running for president, alot of people questioned did he have enough experience. Which is the same issue with any of the other candidates. Hillary's popularity is her leg up over every person in this race regardless of her stand on issues. So overall if people overlooked Hillary's popularity, I think Obama has a very strong chance in defeated Hillary.

Comments:
So...as far as political communication goes...do you really think Hillary cares if people vote for her b/c she's popular? I would think she would take thier vote whatever the reason. Popularity wins the vote, the more popular she is, coupled with the people NOT looking at the issues in her campaign, the better off she is. I would think that's what Hillary wants and Obama is afraid of. It's the same thing Bush W did to Gore, Clinton to Bush Senior. Popularity wins the election, so if you concede she's "kicking everyone's butt" when it comes to popularity then yeah, Obama should be worried.

As a side note, I would not necessarily agree that she is the most "popular" canidate although she does hold a double digit lead on Obama in the polls. Her name recognition does give her a leg up but Obama would have known that going into it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?