Sunday, February 03, 2008

 

Only in Mississippi

Anyone want to question the constitutionality of this bill? I'm going to go with violation of the interstate commerce act.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0201081fat1.html

Comments:
Wow, what a collective waste of paper and money. I wonder how much of the taxpayer money was wasted on this drivel. To me this is the perfect example of a bunch of politicos sitting around wondering how they're going to get their politician's name in the paper. This is probably just a precurser to the attorney general suing restuarants...tobacco, insurance, why not the food industry also? Really, is there nothing else going on in Jackson?
 
I agree that it's a waste of paper, money, and TIME. How could fast-food employees even determine that someone was obese? Also, people could just go through the drive-thru or have someone else pick up the food.
 
This wouldn't relate to the interstate commerce act. Not at all. It would probably run afoul of anti-discrimination legislation, but not the interstate commerce act.
 
I read that this summer and got so mad. I could not believe they would waste their time writing this. I mean, they would lose restaurants and in turn lose money. And I agree with Julie, how is someone working at a restaurant supposed to determine the obesity of their customers. This is just insane.
 
I saw something on this bill a while back. I do feel that something needs to be done to educate our citizens about obesity. However, I am dumbfounded that someone who was elected wasted their time and ours writing this ridiculous bill. Unbelievable!
 
Anti-discrimination laws are enforced via the interstate commerce act.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?