Thursday, February 07, 2008

 

Romney "Suspends" Campaign

It appears Romney has seen the light and called it quits today. According to the CNN headlines, it came as a surprise to most of his supporters. Could it really have been that much of a surprise? I mean the guy is way behind and was spending MILLIONS of his own money. He said staying in the race would delay his party from launching a national campaign for their nominee.

Before I saw that headline, I was going to post my thoughts about a McCain/Huckabee ticket. Several analysts I heard on Super Tuesday talked about how friendly the two were - which is clearly a good quality for Pres & VP to have. I had already thought about how Huckabee likely appeals to those conservatives to which McCain does not have much appeal. Take West Virginia for example, Huckabee won with 52%, McCain got only 1%. I'd say the two could use each other!

Any thoughts on either topic?

Comments:
Certainly Huckabee could and I believe would appeal to those conservatives McCain does not.
 
I think a McCain / Huckabee ticket would be very effective for the Republican party. Huckabee should be able to pull some of the Evangelical votes that McCain might struggle to get.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?