Wednesday, March 05, 2008

 

Bush's Endorsement

By now we've all heard that President Bush will endorse McCain today. To me this really means nothing. From a party standpoint, Bush HAD to endorse whoever was destined to be the Rep. nominee. We're just left to wonder how much he means it.

Also, how much do you think an endorsement from Bush helps McCain right now? I can't say that I think it will really do much for him.

Thoughts?

Comments:
I agree with Amy that Bush's endorsement doesn't mean that much. I just don't think it will make a difference to Republicans. Some are sick of Bush and some still have faith in him, but I don't think many of them could be pushed over to Hilary or Obama...except for Ann Coulter!
 
I agree that Bush endorsing McCain isn't necessarily a good thing for McCain. On the other hand, I was watching the news tonight and they were questioning how much Bush would actually back McCain.

So does Bush really support McCain and does McCain really care? Interesting.
 
I support our current administration and whether or not President Bush whole-heartedly supports McCain--I can't say. As an individual and certainly speaking only for myself, I will say that his endorsement will have an effect when I go to the polls to cast my vote--but then again I did decide a while back who I would be voting for. Had there been two Republicans left in the race and he endorsed one then perhaps it would have had greater significance I suppose. Nonetheless, I do still feel it has an effect.
 
Bushs endorsement doesnt really surprise me. But, I am not so sure that McCain really wanted it. I think one of the things he needs to do to win is try to seperate himself from bush. Those who like Bush will vote for him anyway, its those who are fed up with him that he must convince.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?