Thursday, March 06, 2008

 

The General

I know we have been talking about the upcoming election, but after a conversation I had with some friends of mine, I feel like it is Foglesong I want to talk about. Apparently, a friend of mine was driving through campus and "Doc" was out running. He didn't use a crosswalk and said friend yelled, "Crosswalks are there for a reason." This vocalization of her disillusionment with the administration made me giggle. I was wondering, is it just a few people, or are large groups of people irritated with administration at MSU?

Now, if you feel you answering my question would make you look bad, you can always not use names. This is more of a question to satisfy my curiosity. :)

Comments:
As a staff member here for 11 years now, I can say that the professional and support staff are more unhappy with the current administration than I've ever heard before. Most are scared of the president and just hoping he will leave after another year or two.
 
Well...I think this says it all!

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080307/NEWS/80307027&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Everybody I know is dancing in the street. To go back to political communications for a sec...rumour has it that Foglesong is Obama's chief military strategist and with Obama's star rising he'll spend more time doing that. Apparently he's been promised a cabinet level spot in Obama's whitehouse.

Again, it's just a rumour but it predates his departure and it's from people that are very close to Foglesong. I tried to google it and see if I could find anything in print but haven't yet...
 
Well Dr. Foglesong has now resigned...so we will see if the speculation about joining Obama's staff is real or rumor in the near future I suppose.
 
If he is chosen as Obama's military strategist then I have another reason to vote for Obama. Getting Doc to resign. I have also heard from a friend of mine in the campus police dept. that they have had several problems with Doc ever since he was put in charge.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?