Tuesday, March 25, 2008

 

Hillary's Memory Lapse

Has anyone else heard the hubbub surrounding Hillary's recent account of a trip to Bosnia when she was first lady? I must say I find it pretty comical...

She is trying to make the point that she has experience in foreign matters by bringing up this trip she took 10 years ago. She talks about how they landed the chopper under sniper fire and ran with their heads down into the base - that there was no welcome ceremony...

But the good ole media pulled the tapes to check her story and are now making it known how errant her recent account is. Video shows her walking calmly from the chopper to the base shaking hands with people along the way! the question was asked this am on CBS - how big of a deal will this become for her? My answer is - as big a deal as the media chooses to make of it! The reporter also noted that the late night guys are likely to have a field day with it.

Comments:
I think sometimes people make the simple mistake of placing the characteristics of a situation into the location of another. I think that is all Hillary has done, otherwise it would be political suicide to purposefully lie about such an event. I believe the media will realize that we're all human and they will let this slide, so that they can focus on real issues.
 
I laughed a little. I'm with wade though, I don't think she would have purposefully lied about something that was so documented.
 
I do think Amy makes a good point, by saying that the media can take it as far as they want to. Should be interesting to see how far this goes.
 
I kinda think she stretched the truth and got caught. If I'm not mistakened, didn't she blame sleep deprivation? But didn't she describe this incident more than once? So she had sleep deprivation more than once?

Hmmmm.....
 
I found the story to be comical. Perhaps, she did stretch the truth a bit or was sleep deprived--whatever the case may be...Surely she is smart enough not to lie about something like that. As for backlash--the media definitely controls that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?