Monday, March 17, 2008

 

McCain's Vice President

Has anyone heard who McCain's VP choice might be? I have not heard of any major contenders for this position, besides Huckabee and I am not sure that he is going to be chosen. Anyway, just wandering who might be on the ticket with him.

Comments:
On Fox News Sunday night, he was interviewed about this. The interviewer mentioned Romney, Haley Barbour, Connie Rice, Huckabee, and a couple of others. McCain said they were not leaning toward any of them and had a whole list they needed to go through. However, he did say that Romney "certainly deserves 'a position.'"

To me it would be advantageous for him to partner with Connie Rice. That would help take away the Republicans's stigma as the "white male" party by having an African American on both tickets.
 
Great point about Rice, Julie.

I read a few weeks back that there were a couple of governors that might be considered. I think one was from Minnesota, but I didn't recognize his name. I did not recognize the other guy either.
 
I think Haley Barbour has a really good chance of being VP. I think it's something Barbour would really like to do. I also think McCain really admired how well Barbour handled Katrina in the state of Mississippi.Barbour definitely proved himself with that catastrophic event. It would definitely be good for the state of Mississippi he were chosen VP.
 
All of these sound pretty good. It would be pretty cool for the MS Governor to be vice president. I have always thought that Huckabee would be a great choice though. I think he would help McCain secure the ultra-conservative votes that he might have trouble with (since he is a somewhat liberal republican).

It will be really interesting to see who his running mate turns out to be.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?