Sunday, March 09, 2008

 

Obama in Columbus info...

....from WCBI's website:

"Gearing up for Obama
COLUMBUS, Miss - Less than 24 hours from now, the campus of the MUW will be overflowing with Democratic supporters from all across the region. The Pohl-Stark Recreation center on the MUW campus will be center stage for Barack Obama and his supporters tomorrow. Preparations for the event have already begun and the turnout is expected to be large. Students, faculty and supporters helped with the setup they are all eager to hear Obama speak. Doors open at 9:30 and Obama is scheduled to speak at 11:30. Unfortunately there are no tickets available."

Now, does this mean it's just first come, first serve as far as getting a spot, or that there were tickets that are all gone??


Comments:
Julie,

I have two friends that attended this rally, and I was actually in Columbus for another reason near noon. Columbus was alive with people. There were Policemen everywhere. I think I just missed seeing the convoy on Main Street.

As far as his speech, one on my friends told me that one thing he said stood out. He commented that Bill Clinton said Obama would make a great Vice President. Obama responded to this by saying that anyone that is worthy to be VP must be worthy to be President (since the VP is first in line), so he thanked former president Clinton for the compliment. They thought this was brilliant and I tend to agree.

Sound byte maybe?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?