Sunday, March 23, 2008
Passport Situation
I have heard of but don't really understand the whole issue surrounding Obama's passport...Can someone explain?
Comments:
<< Home
Basically this is what I came away with....2-3 employees who were contract employees (which I think means they worked for a company that the State office contracted to do business with) realized that they had access to the candidates passport info and decided to take a peak. They looked at Obama, Clinton, and McCain, not sure about anyone else. THe computer system that the State department has in placed flagged it as a violation but supervisors did not report it till much later. It's a big deal because:
a. They shouldn't have been looking at to begin with
b. There was apparently a big scandal involving something along these same lines when Bill Clinton ran for president that was a bit of a mess
c. I think a couple of candidates saw it as a good opportunity to change the topic
Bottom line 2-3 people got fired and 1 got suspended. Don't know if that helps but maybe somebody else will post more...
Post a Comment
a. They shouldn't have been looking at to begin with
b. There was apparently a big scandal involving something along these same lines when Bill Clinton ran for president that was a bit of a mess
c. I think a couple of candidates saw it as a good opportunity to change the topic
Bottom line 2-3 people got fired and 1 got suspended. Don't know if that helps but maybe somebody else will post more...
<< Home
