Friday, March 07, 2008
Presidential Endorsements at the local level
I recently read an article that a local board of supervisors from a Mississippi town came out to endorse a particular presidential candidate as a group. It seems that there was at least one member of the board absent from this meeting and one supervisor refused to state his intentions.
I was wondering how everyone feels about this matter. Personally, I feel that as a group this is very inappropriate. Since the board of supervisors represent many town citizens, I think that they overstepped their boundaries.
However is this any different than a senator endorsing a candidate?
I was wondering how everyone feels about this matter. Personally, I feel that as a group this is very inappropriate. Since the board of supervisors represent many town citizens, I think that they overstepped their boundaries.
However is this any different than a senator endorsing a candidate?