Friday, March 07, 2008

 

They're heeeere....

I heard on the news this morning that Obama will be in Columbus Monday. WCBI's website says the time and location are unknown, but campaign offcials could make an announcement sometime today.

Meanwhile, Hillary and Bill are making their rounds. She spoke at a Democratic fundraiser last night in Canton, and Bill will make stops in Tupelo, Meridian, and Hattiesburg today.

I think I'm falling for all this media hype about Obama, because I'm even wanting to go to Columbus Monday to try to see him....

Comments:
Wow! It does make it more interesting when the candidates come close to your home. The next several days will be very interesting and exciting. I didn't think that the election in Mississippi would be that big of a deal, but it definitely will be.
 
I'm not saying that I am for or against Obama, but I really am thinking of going. I think it would be really cool to see this happening in person.

I've never really been that close to anything like this. I wonder how seeing it in person would affect my viewpoints.
 
I encourage you to go. Just think, years from now you will be able to say that you saw the first serious African American candidate for president when he spoke in Columbus. Whether he wins or loses, it is still an historic moment for our country.
 
I agree. He's also going to be speaking at Jackson State this week. I'm from Madison and since I'll be down this way for Spring Break...I'm definitely going to see him.
 
Has anyone heard where or what time he will be speaking? Michael, let me know if you decide to go! I might try to go also.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?