Sunday, April 20, 2008

 

Lego Robot Competition

OK, this is my only slightly cool direct connection with politics so I thought I'd share. This past week I went to the International Lego Robot Conference (FIRST) where the President did a meet and greet (at these competitions people dress up and paint their faces - it's kinda like big concert/sports event) so anyway he's doing the crowd thing and he's shaking hands and he looks at this one person and leans in close and says - you've got something on your face and turns around and left. Everybody thought that was so cool...not really sure how the lego vote splits though...

Also, the Governor of Hawaii was there and apparently the guy that organized the Lego Competition gave her (governor) number to Shimon Perez (Israeli PM?) and he called her up to discuss "legos." She thought it was a crank call until she got to the competiton and the coordinator was like, "hey did you talk to Perez yet?" So the governor of Hawaii is going to Israel in a couple of weeks to discuss um..."legos". The Israeli contingent (junior high/highschool) and the group from Saudi Arabi were on opposite ends of the George world congress center (that was just a free observation that I made).

Anyway, that's all I had to contribute to pol comm but I thought it was interesting how much international political intrigue could go on around robots. THe big joke at the conference was when the pope was going to show up to give mass.

Mariah

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?