Thursday, April 10, 2008

 

McCain Erases Obama Lead

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080410/ap_on_el_pr/presidential_race_ap_poll;_ylt=AmuLwAlCzAr88O13LXj_tU2WwvIE
This article has some interesting info from recent polls, including the following:

"An AP-Ipsos poll taken in late February had Obama leading McCain 51-41 percent. The current survey, conducted April 7-9, had them at 45 percent each. McCain leads Obama among men, whites, Southerners, married women and independents.

Clinton led McCain, 48-43 percent, in February. The latest survey showed the New York senator with 48 percent support to McCain's 45 percent. Factoring in the poll's margin of error of 3.1 percentage points, Clinton and McCain are statistically tied."

Comments:
With these numbers, I wonder what is really going to happen in November. It would seem that the Democratic contest is going to weaken the party, and I also think that whoever gets the Democratic nod will have a lot of opposition from the other Democratic candidate supporters. These numbers are definitely going to change this summer...by 20 percent...maybe?! This poll shouldn't concern McCain, it should concern both Democratic candidates, because if both stay even stay on this route, then they may lose in November.
 
I agree that the Democrats are weakening themselves. They are just going to end up hurting themselves if they don't come together.
 
Since we all loved the test question on strategy I thought I'd paste this article in response to Julie's post. Basically it outlines McCains' strategy with the 2 dems in the field. While the dems are fighting McCain is working to "shore up the base." It only details the 'strategy' through April so not sure what's up next. I just wonder if McCain will have enough of a headstart to ward off the democratic nominee's surge.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/07/mccain-campaign-designs-new-strategy/
 
With all of the mistakes that Obama seems to be making, I believe his lead may continue to shrink. So far everything he has done has made him look good. Now, as more and more negatives start to come out from Obama, can he continue to be the media's favorite son?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?