Tuesday, January 27, 2009

 

Govenor Blagojevich

Here is the latest article about Govenor Rod Blagojevich...http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/27/blagojevich-says-resigning-option/

What do y'all think about the allegations against him? What do you think should happen to him?

Comments:
I think that it is hard to have an opinion because I have not heard the tapes myself. I hope that the media plays the tapes after the Senate hears them. It should be interesting to see how this turns out. I think that there should be an investigation and if the governor is found guilty he should be punished. People that are in governement positions should have more common sense and quit doing this kind of stuff. It always ends badly.
 
I know that at times the media can grab hold f a story and sin it out of control, if that is he case here it certainly wouldn’t be the first time it happened. However, I personally believe he has been up to shady-business! I think (from a p.r. standpoint) the governor is handling things well, but in thee end the truth will all come out. If the courts find him innocent then his early claims for truth will probably save his career, but if the courts show that he is guilty his reputation will be completely destroyed!!
I don’t really know what I think should happen to him because I don’t really know if he was shady r not, if he was an example should be made of him!
 
Power corrupts, and Blago appears to be just one of the latest in a long line of politicians to fall over corruption issues.

It seems like he has already been publicly hung however, with his impeachment a foregone conclusion weeks ago. He claims to not be receiving a fair trial, and it's hard not to agree with him.

Probably the best thing he could have done is to step down and not let his case become the sideshow it has become.
 
I think his media tour is completely ridiculous. Some people in the media are asking whether he is doing this to affect the jury pool or if this is him acting "crazy like a fox." I think my favorite quote about this guy came from a commentator on CNN last night who said, "He's crazy like a crazy person." I mean, Blago is going around comparing himself to Mandela and Gandhi. Also, it really doesn't matter whether all of the tapes are heard or not. Obviously this has caused enough suspicion among the legislature to impeach him. If 2/3 vote to impeach him in the Senate after hearing the evidence (which they will), then he is out of office. As far as I know, the impeachment trial doesn't need to have all of the strict evidentiary standards of a criminal procedure because the only consequence is that he leaves office. After that, they should certainly proceed with a criminal trial...which, I'm assuming he won't have the option of boycotting.
 
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D960VCN00&show_article=1

I found this new article about his impeachment trial. He says he did nothing wrong. I have only heard snippets of the tapes and we all know that the media can play what they think is the most damaging to his reputation or what will help him the most. I found this article interesting since he says he hasnt done anything wrong and should keep his job. interesting to see what else comes out as this unfolds.
 
I agree with Dan. Somethings can only be drug out so long. When things start getting a little sketchy, it's time to quit. Blagojevich should have stepped down a while back to save what reputation he had left.
 
I agree with Lauren about hearing the tapes via media, I think this would make it much easier to decide what I feel he deserves. I do think that its very interesting that he is refusing to resign partly because "he doesn't want his kids to think their dad did something wrong." I think its pretty obvious there has been foul play if he would just admit it and apologize and gracefully step down.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?