Tuesday, January 13, 2009

 

Inauguration

The inauguration for Sen. Barack Obama is coming up next week. Care to share your thoughts about this occasion? Is anyone planning to attend? If so, I'm very jealous!

Comments:
I am excited to see if the country begins to come together in the midst of a important time in american history. Obama has alot of tough choices to make.
 
I am so excited about being able to go to this historical event! I have been a huge supporter of Obama from the beginning so that makes the experience even more amazing! I actually saw on CNN yesterday where they expect more people to watch the inauguration than the Super Bowl..that alone says how big of a deal this event is going to be!
 
Like Jemmye, I too have liked Obama since the very beginning, (although I was a huge Hil supporter as well) so I feel very fortunate to be able to go to the inauguration next week. I think they are expecting DC to swell to the size of NYC, which is crazy seeing as it usually has way under a million people in it. Other than the craziness of next week I am super excited that I will always be able to say, "I was there..."
 
I'm an so excited for that day. Even though I won't be able to attend. I'm still soooo happy as if I will be there. Like you guys I have been an Obama fan from the beginning also. I just love the way that he adores his family.Also I wouldn't be surprised if there were more people there then at the Super Bowl. Anyways have fun, be safe, and take lots of pictures!!!!! LOL
 
As others have stated, I am jealous of those getting to go to the Inauguration. It will be a special day that will be re-lived in history books for the rest of time. I can not imagine the number of people that will be in DC this coming week. To those going, have fun and be safe.
 
Yes, it is exciting to be able to see some good history for a change. In a forehead slapper of a moment, a buddy of mine from Atlanta earlier told me that he had been offered two tickets and turned them down. He said it would be too cold for him, plus he figured he would have too much trouble because of a bunch of metal pins in his legs.

I told him he could have just said he was a terminator and from the future. Surely they'd let him in then. :)

After I yelled at him for not accepting and sending me the tickets, of course.

But yeah, cold or not, the chance to see such history first hand, that's just amazing. Congrats to those who do get to go.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?