Thursday, February 19, 2009

 

Bliss for the Bigots.

Athiests are currently banned from public service in  Arkansas, Maryland, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. This is not constitutional one bit and I do not know how these states are getting away with it. Evangelical Christians are making a bad name for themselves by being bigots and hypocrites. Why stop at athiests? Let's  ban Muslims too. Gay people have no right to serve the public. Jews...they killed Jesus; no public service for you. This is why I'm always leerie of overly evangelicals in office. They would turn the land of the free into Jesus land and you must be of a certain faith in order to ride the attractions. Don't get me wrong, Jesus was the ultimate, peace-loving guy that had greater ideas than 99% of anybody that has ever lived on this plane of existence, but I'm sure he's looking down on us slapping his forhead saying, "I thought I taught you better than that." Even though we have made leaps and bounds by electing a black president, has this country only come so far that we are still persecuting other people for their beliefs? I feel like we haven't learned anything and we are still harboring ignorance because it is bliss for the bigots.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I definitely agree that this is unconstitutional. However, someone would have to bring a suit against one of the state's claiming that they are being adversely affected by the law for it to be struck down. I hate that atheists are the one group it is ok to hate in this country openly. We are supposed to be a country built on religious freedom. That means you can believe whatever you want to believe, or believe nothing at all. I also agree that if it is ok to exclude one set of people, why should we believe that it will stop there? After all it is still ok in Mississippi to fire someone for being gay. It is perfectly legal. I definitely get not liking groups of people that are different than you or who disagree with your opinion. I just don't understand why people think it is ok use the government or other areas of society to discriminate against someone that you don't like. A personal opinion about a group should be just that. It shouldn't enter the law books.
 
I am not going to touch this thread. However, i believe it is unconstitutional, and it defies many of the principles this country was founded on.
 
Robert touched the thread...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?