Friday, February 20, 2009
Illinois Governor Asks Burris to Resign, Calls for Special Election
I thought this was an interesting story since we were talking about Burris yesterday in class. The Governor of Illinois Pat Quinn has asked Burris to resign from the Senate. Base on what you saw from him before the Gov. suggested he should resign, do you think he'll do it? Honestly, I'd be a little surprised if he did resign.
Here is an article on the subject in case you're interested.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/02/20/illinois-governor-asks-burris-resign/
Here is an article on the subject in case you're interested.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/02/20/illinois-governor-asks-burris-resign/
Comments:
<< Home
To me it doesn't seem like he'll resign. The senator seems pretty set on doing anything he can to stay just like he did anything he could to get the position.
I agree. Once politicans get into office they want to stay as long as they possibly can. He won't resign. You would think that he would be on his best behavior (especially since he is now in office because the last governor got into trouble). I guess some people never learn.
Post a Comment
<< Home
