Sunday, February 01, 2009
Mayor Frank Melton trial
The mayor of Jackson is set to go to trial monday. The mayor is under suspcision of false warrant raids. Mayor Melton if convicted could face up to twenty five years in prison. Frank Melton is reported to be in poor health and looking frail. I always find Mayor Meltons stories interesting with many twists here is a link to read the story.
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20090201/NEWS/902010366/1001/rss01
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20090201/NEWS/902010366/1001/rss01
Comments:
<< Home
I think it is interesting how focused the article is on Mayor Melton's health and appearance. I do not know the entire story, but it seems he may be attempting to gain sympathy from the jury since his sentence would be for so long, and he is so "frail" and appearing unhealthy. This strategy may work, but it seems like a long shot, especially since the article says so many people have plead to lesser charges in agreement to testifty against Mayor Melton.
I also agree that the article focuses a great deal on his appearance. I do think he and his team of lawyers are hoping that this health concern will benefit him in some way, but from what the article says about the police chief testifying against him, etc., that it will be difficult to get off without charges this time.
I am curious to see how this turns out.
I am curious to see how this turns out.
I think he should serve time. Maybe not all 25 years but some of it. He's the mayor so why is he trying to do police work? Like you guys said, his sickness will help him some what. But think about it, if he wasn't doing wrong by people he probably wouldn't be going through half of the stuff he's been through. There's more to the story about Melton than the media put in that article.
I agree with what Nanisha said about Mayor Melton trying to do police work. I think it is great that the mayor is trying to get rid of drugs and crime in Jackson, but you still have to obey the law(even the mayor). I feel sorry for the mayor being sick and possibly facing serious jail time, but he has to obey the law just like everyone else. That is what is wrong with some of the politicans- they think that the law does not apply to them.
Post a Comment
<< Home

