Thursday, February 19, 2009
Mexican Civil War
Rumors are abound that Mexico is on the brink of civil war with many of the drug cartels located near the U.S., Mexico border. This would easily spill over to the U.S. if the situation were to be exacerbated. Why don't we nip this in the bud (all puns aside for anybody that smokes pot) and legalize marijuana? This isn't the first blog that I've mentioned about the legalization of marijuana as I think it is one of the most important pieces of legislation to pass. Legalize it, tax it and regulate it. Cigarettes are taxed out the wazoo, are known to cause lethal cancer, are horribly addictive, but yet are still legal. The regulation and growth of marijuana within the U.S. would nullify any marijuana trade from Mexico into the U.S. and reduce crime by a number that I can't fathom. Not to mention, the pot from Mexico sucks. Former leaders from South America have spoken up by agreeing that legalization and regulation would drastically reduce crime. This rhetoric has been repeated by numerous, intelligent people that will never be silenced. In my opinion it's only a matter of time, it just depends on how long current legislators want to keep their fingers in their ears before taking them out to hear the truth. Granted, pharmacuetical companies would go out of business since marijuana would replace a lot of prescription drugs. We would not want big pharmacuetical companies to go out of busines, would we? I wonder how warm it feels to be nicely tucked in the back pockets of these companies?
Comments:
<< Home
I agree with you completely. I think pot should be legalized. I don't smoke myself, but know many people that have at least tried it. I know it has long term negative effects, by so do cigarettes and alcohol and these substances are legal. I think the biggest problem facing the issue is a system where it could be taxed since it's not very difficult to grow on your own. I don't see a way to regulate this. I agree with you too that pharmaceutical cmpanies are fightng had against it. My mom is planning to get a prescription for weed in a few years because she has such bad glaucoma (she is 100% against recreational use of it though). I have heard also that t is prescribed frequently for pain. It seems to me that once again people are being greedy, and this is slowing up legalizng pot in a big way.
1. Cigarettes and alcohol are both highly addictive. In fact, throw in the prescription drugs, and it seems that every thing that is legal is addictive. Funny how that works huh?
2. What politician, especially from this region of the country, would ruin their political career at taking a pro-pot stance? It would be a one way ticket to fail...especially in the southeast
3. For the record, marijuana is not addictive and is a drug that increases the appetite while decreasing nausea. It helps relieve pain in a way that does not destroy the liver or create addiction. And as for gateway drugs, 99% of the people i know started with alcohol.
4. I do condone or support the use of marijuana. However, i believe it is the personal choice of an individual. And quite honestly, i feel safer with potheads eating skittles than drunks operating heavy machinery.
5. You think if i start smoking the pot, i might become an olympic swimmer?
6. And in the words of dragnet...
"marijuana is the flame, heroin is the fuse, and lsd is the bomb"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Twre6ItGEI&feature=PlayList&p=F5F2F9B4DB52680E&playnext=1&index=14
2. What politician, especially from this region of the country, would ruin their political career at taking a pro-pot stance? It would be a one way ticket to fail...especially in the southeast
3. For the record, marijuana is not addictive and is a drug that increases the appetite while decreasing nausea. It helps relieve pain in a way that does not destroy the liver or create addiction. And as for gateway drugs, 99% of the people i know started with alcohol.
4. I do condone or support the use of marijuana. However, i believe it is the personal choice of an individual. And quite honestly, i feel safer with potheads eating skittles than drunks operating heavy machinery.
5. You think if i start smoking the pot, i might become an olympic swimmer?
6. And in the words of dragnet...
"marijuana is the flame, heroin is the fuse, and lsd is the bomb"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Twre6ItGEI&feature=PlayList&p=F5F2F9B4DB52680E&playnext=1&index=14
What we tolerate today will become accepted tommorrow I think in our lifetimes we will see the legalization of marijuana because most of our generation has experimented with pot and know that it is safer than alcohol.
I think everyone makes a great point and everything I wanted to say you all have said. I do think that if we legalized pot then that would help our interference with the "Mexican Civil War." I think that if the government legalized weed crime would go down an American life’s would be easier.
If weed was legalized nothing would change. A lot People are already doing the drug(more people then you think)so by making it legal will just stop them from sneaking and getting it. Besides it's not hard to get weed. All it takes is one call, that's all.
Everyone is right. Legalizing pot would be the easy route considering that people do it all the time while knowing that it's illegal.
I only have one complaint-what would they do with all the drug lords and pot dealers that are locked away? At the time they were selling, it was illegal so there was a cause for punishment. How would the government handle this situation?
Post a Comment
I only have one complaint-what would they do with all the drug lords and pot dealers that are locked away? At the time they were selling, it was illegal so there was a cause for punishment. How would the government handle this situation?
<< Home

